Never fear, Concordia Car Pool is here
I have made one of the most incredible discoveries of 2012: the Concordia Car Pool Services. No longer will I weep for not having a car on campus. This Tuesday, I decided to try out the service (free of charge if you are volunteering!) and I was not disappointed. It is simple, easy to use, and did I mention free?
1. Call 24 hours in advance (they are open from 9-4)
2. Tell the nice lady on the phone your name, when you need the car, when you will return the car, and your reason for using the car
3. Go to east complex parking lot when it is your time to shine and pick up your car.
4, Fill out the starting and ending millage on a sheet of paper, return this and the keys
Unfortunately, the next time I tried to use the service, the only “car” available was at 15 passenger van. Since I really needed to make it to emergency foods to volunteer, I agreed to the mode of transportation. Though it was big and gawky, I didn’t have a problem making it to the location. But, alas, I had to park by the hockey arena that was three blocks away. After a nice volunteer session, I tried to return, but ended up getting very lost in downtown Fargo due to many one-way streets. With the help of a friend, I returned to campus safely and was able to park the monstrous vehicle without hitting any poles. This was a Friday adventure to say the least.
1. Avoid having to drive a 15 passenger van, especially if you are alone.
2. Know directions to and from your desired location
3. Enjoy this glorious free service Concordia has to offer =)