5 Ways to Procrastinate
Posted on Friday, April 8th, 2016 by Kelsey Rausch
Have you ever wanted to procrastinate but couldn’t think of anything to do? You keep refreshing facebook, twitter, pinterest, and instagram hoping something new, cool, and interesting pops up. You’ve even stared at a blank wall for quite some time. But now you’ve run out of ideas on how to procrastinate that huge paper/project that you’ve been avoiding and you’re worried that you’re only choice is to actually start working on homework. Well, you’ve come to the right place. This is your one-stop-shop for procrastination ideas so you can keep avoiding all that stuff you will do tomorrow…or the next day. Now, these ideas are only suggestions and you don’t have to do these ideas right now…feel free to procrastinate doing these things to procrastinate…that will double the procrastination time!
1. Find a new Netflix show to watch. I’m sure by now you think you’ve watched all the good ones but I encourage you to waste your time by watching a terrible movie or a terrible show. Watching bad TV is almost more fun because you get to laugh at all the dumb stuff that happens.
2. Get ice cream. Ice cream is good at any time of the day so you can always rationalize a good DQ blizzard or tutti frutti!
3. Call your parents, your sibling, your grandparents, or your aunt/uncle. Your excuse for not calling them is usually because you’re so busy with homework and studying, so now that you don’t have that excuse, make a phone call to make their day!
4. Go work out at the Concordia Balcony. Working out is always a good way to waste time because it actually beneficial to your health! Plus, being able to tell yourself at the end of the day that, even though you didn’t get any homework done, you exercised!
5. Is it dinner time? Breakfast is always an important meal. You definitely can’t function properly without lunch. Waste some time making a homemade meal or just going to DS to eat a delicious pre-prepared meal.
Clearly, you’re desperate if you’re reading this. I suppose a sixth way to procrastinate would be to read this blog. When you’re done with all six things on this list, you should probably just start your homework! Sorry. But it’s true. Just get it done and you can do all of these things guilt-free!